What is the antonym of “fault”?
The antonyms of fault are credit, praise, and perfection. The antonyms credit and praise convey a positive connotation, while perfection implies the absence of faults or flaws.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Public acknowledgment or recognition for an achievement or contribution.
She deserves credit for all the hard work she put into this project.
Expressing approval or admiration for someone's achievements or qualities.
The teacher praised the student for her excellent performance in the exam.
The state of being without faults, defects, or flaws.
The artist strives for perfection in every brushstroke.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Credit is given to someone for their achievements or contributions.
- 2Praise is expressed to someone for their qualities or actions.
- 3Perfection is the state of being without faults or flaws.
Good things to know
- 1Give Recognition: Use credit to acknowledge someone's achievements or contributions.
- 2Express Admiration: Use praise to express approval or admiration for someone's qualities or actions.
- 3Describe Excellence: Use perfection to describe something that is without faults or flaws.
The antonyms of fault have distinct meanings. Credit is given for achievements or contributions, praise is expressed for qualities or actions, and perfection describes something without faults or flaws. Use these words to give recognition, express admiration, and describe excellence.