What is the antonym of “fazed”?
The antonyms of fazed are calm and composed. The antonyms calm and composed convey a state of tranquility, serenity, and self-control. It implies a lack of agitation, nervousness, or anxiety.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She remained calm during the interview despite being asked challenging questions.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
He was composed during the public speaking event and delivered his speech with confidence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of tranquility and peacefulness, while composed refers to having one's feelings and expression under control.
- 2Calm can be used to describe both external and internal states, while composed is more focused on internal states.
- 3Calm can be used to describe a person, situation, or environment, while composed is more commonly used to describe a person's emotional state.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use calm and composed to describe emotions in a positive light.
- 2Manage Stress: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate ways to manage stress and anxiety.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and evoke emotions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys tranquility and peacefulness, while composed refers to having one's feelings and expression under control. Use these words to express emotions positively, manage stress and anxiety, and enhance writing by creating vivid descriptions and evoking emotions.