What is the antonym of “feistier”?
The antonyms of feistier are meeker, milder, and tamer. These words describe a less aggressive or assertive behavior, personality, or attitude.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Quiet, gentle, and easily intimidated by others.
She became meeker and more submissive after being bullied at school.
Less severe, intense, or extreme in nature or degree.
The milder weather in spring is perfect for outdoor activities.
Less wild, aggressive, or dangerous than usual.
The zookeeper trained the lion to be tamer and more obedient.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Meeker describes a person who is quiet, gentle, and easily intimidated by others.
- 2Milder describes a situation or condition that is less severe, intense, or extreme in nature or degree.
- 3Tamer describes an animal that is less wild, aggressive, or dangerous than usual.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to vary your vocabulary and avoid repetition.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Learn these words to express different levels of intensity and behavior.
- 3Enhance Understanding: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to clarify meanings and avoid misunderstandings.
The antonyms of feistier describe a less aggressive or assertive behavior, personality, or attitude. Meeker describes a person who is easily intimidated, milder describes a situation that is less intense, and tamer describes an animal that is less wild. Use these words to improve your writing, enrich your vocabulary, and enhance understanding in conversations.