The Opposite(Antonym) of “femininity”
The antonyms of femininity are masculinity and manliness. The antonyms masculinity and manliness convey a sense of qualities or characteristics that are traditionally associated with men, such as strength, assertiveness, and toughness.
Definitions and Examples of masculinity, manliness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.
He exuded an air of masculinity with his broad shoulders and deep voice.
The traditional qualities or attributes associated with men, such as courage, strength, and resilience.
He demonstrated his manliness by standing up for what he believed in and facing his fears.
Key Differences: masculinity vs manliness
- 1Masculinity is a broader term that encompasses all the qualities or attributes that are considered typical of men.
- 2Manliness is a more specific term that refers to the traditional qualities or attributes associated with men, such as courage, strength, and resilience.
Effective Usage of masculinity, manliness
- 1Gender Studies: Use these antonyms to explore the social construction of gender roles and expectations.
- 2Personal Development: Reflect on how these antonyms influence your own beliefs and attitudes about gender and identity.
- 3Literary Analysis: Analyze how these antonyms are used in literature to create characters and convey themes.
The antonyms masculinity and manliness refer to qualities or attributes that are traditionally associated with men, such as strength, assertiveness, and toughness. While masculinity is a broader term, manliness is more specific and refers to traditional qualities like courage, strength, and resilience. These antonyms can be used in gender studies, personal development, and literary analysis.