Definitions and Examples of depend on, rely on, surrender
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
She had to depend on her parents for financial assistance until she found a job.
He knew he could rely on his best friend to keep his secrets.
To give up control, power, or authority to someone or something else.
The army was forced to surrender after running out of ammunition.
Key Differences: depend on vs rely on vs surrender
- 1Depend on and rely on are similar in meaning, but rely on implies more trust and confidence in the person or thing being depended upon.
- 2Surrender is different from fend as it implies giving up control or power to someone or something else.
Effective Usage of depend on, rely on, surrender
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and nuance to your work.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in discussions to express different perspectives and ideas.
The antonyms of fend are depend on, rely on, and surrender. While depend on and rely on are similar, rely on implies more trust and confidence. Surrender is different from fend as it implies giving up control or power. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations.