What is the antonym of “feuding”?
The antonyms of feuding are friendly and peaceful. The antonyms friendly and peaceful convey a positive or harmonious relationship between people or groups. It implies a lack of conflict, hostility, or disagreement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a pleasant and kind disposition; showing goodwill and warmth towards others.
The neighbors were friendly and always greeted each other with a smile.
Free from disturbance, conflict, or violence; marked by tranquility and calmness.
The park was peaceful and quiet, with only the sound of birds chirping in the background.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Friendly describes a positive attitude towards others, while peaceful describes a state of calmness and absence of conflict.
- 2Friendly can be used to describe a person's behavior or personality, while peaceful is used to describe a situation or environment.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use friendly to describe someone who is approachable and easy to talk to. Use peaceful to describe a calm and relaxing environment.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Use peaceful to describe a situation where there is no conflict or hostility. Use friendly to describe a positive attitude towards others, which can help resolve conflicts.
- 3Describing Relationships: Use friendly to describe a positive relationship between people. Use peaceful to describe a relationship that is free from conflict and tension.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Friendly conveys a positive attitude towards others, while peaceful describes a state of calmness and absence of conflict. Use these words to describe social interactions, conflict resolution, and relationships.