What is the antonym of “fiery”?
The antonyms of fiery are calm, cool, and unemotional. The antonyms calm, cool, and unemotional convey a sense of tranquility, composure, and lack of strong emotions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a few deep breaths to stay calm during the job interview.
Showing composure and self-control, especially in a difficult situation.
He remained cool and collected when his car broke down on the highway.
Not having or showing strong feelings or emotions.
She was unemotional when she heard the news of her grandfather's death.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of peacefulness and lack of strong emotions.
- 2Cool describes a person who is composed and self-controlled, especially in a difficult situation.
- 3Unemotional means not having or showing strong feelings or emotions.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use fiery to describe someone who is passionate and intense, and use calm, cool, and unemotional to describe someone who is composed and tranquil.
- 2Describe Situations: Use these antonyms to describe different situations, such as a heated argument (fiery) or a peaceful walk in the park (calm).
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys peacefulness, cool describes composure, and unemotional refers to a lack of strong emotions. Use these words to express emotions, describe situations, and improve your vocabulary.