What is the antonym of “filibuster”?
The antonyms of filibuster are cooperation and assistance. The antonyms cooperation and assistance convey a positive and collaborative approach to working together. It implies a willingness to help and support each other.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of working together towards a common goal or purpose.
The success of the project depended on the cooperation of all team members.
The act of helping or supporting someone in need.
She offered her assistance to the elderly woman who was struggling with her groceries.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cooperation is a collaborative effort towards a common goal, while filibuster is an obstructive tactic to delay or prevent action.
- 2Assistance is a helpful act towards someone in need, while filibuster is a political maneuver to block legislation.
Good things to know
- 1Business Meetings: Encourage cooperation among team members to achieve common objectives.
- 2Customer Service: Offer assistance to customers to provide support and help them with their needs.
- 3Politics: Avoid using filibuster as it can be seen as a negative tactic to block progress.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cooperation conveys a collaborative effort towards a common goal, while assistance denotes a helpful act towards someone in need. Use these words to encourage teamwork, provide support, and avoid negative tactics like filibuster that can hinder progress.