What is the antonym of “finessed”?
The antonyms of finessed are botched, bungled, and mishandled. These words convey a negative connotation and imply that something was not done skillfully or successfully.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To carry out a task or job poorly or unsuccessfully.
The chef botched the recipe and ruined the entire dish.
To make a mess of something by doing it clumsily or incompetently.
The new employee bungled the presentation and left the audience confused.
To deal with something in an inept or careless way, resulting in negative consequences.
The company mishandled the customer complaint and lost a valuable client.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Botched implies that the task was done poorly or unsuccessfully.
- 2Bungled suggests that the task was done clumsily or incompetently.
- 3Mishandled implies that the task was dealt with in an inept or careless way, resulting in negative consequences.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace Communication: Use these antonyms to describe mistakes or errors in work-related tasks.
- 2Daily Conversations: Incorporate these antonyms in everyday conversations to express dissatisfaction or disappointment.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create conflict or tension in stories or essays.
The antonyms of finessed are botched, bungled, and mishandled. These words convey a negative connotation and imply that something was not done skillfully or successfully. Use these words in workplace communication, daily conversations, or writing to express dissatisfaction, create conflict, or add tension to your stories.