What is the antonym of “fizzled”?
The antonyms of fizzled are succeed, thrive, and prosper. These words convey a positive outcome or result, unlike fizzled, which implies a lack of success or failure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To accomplish a goal or objective; to achieve a desired outcome.
With hard work and dedication, she was able to succeed in her career.
To grow or develop vigorously; to prosper or flourish.
The business started to thrive after implementing new marketing strategies.
To be successful or fortunate, especially in financial terms; to thrive.
The company continued to prosper despite the economic downturn.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed implies achieving a specific goal or objective.
- 2Thrive suggests growth and development, often in a natural or organic way.
- 3Prosper refers to being successful, especially in financial terms.
Good things to know
- 1Career Development: Use succeed to describe professional achievements and accomplishments.
- 2Business Growth: Use thrive and prosper to describe the success and prosperity of a business.
- 3Personal Growth: Use these antonyms to describe personal growth and development.
The antonyms succeed, thrive, and prosper convey a positive outcome or result, unlike fizzled, which implies a lack of success or failure. Use these words to describe professional achievements, business growth, personal growth, and development.