What is the antonym of “flattened”?
The antonym of flattened are rounded, bulging, and swollen. These antonyms describe a shape that is opposite to flat. They can be used to describe objects, surfaces, or body parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a curved or circular shape.
The edges of the table were rounded to prevent injuries.
Swelling outward; protruding.
The bag was so full that it was bulging at the seams.
Enlarged or distended, especially due to injury or inflammation.
Her ankle was swollen after she twisted it during the game.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rounded describes a shape that is curved or circular.
- 2Bulging describes a shape that is swelling outward.
- 3Swollen describes a shape that is enlarged or distended, usually due to injury or inflammation.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Shapes: Use these antonyms to describe the shapes of objects, surfaces, or body parts.
- 2Medical Context: Use swollen to describe injuries or medical conditions that cause enlargement or distension.
- 3Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions of settings, characters, or objects.
The antonyms of flattened describe shapes that are opposite to flat. Rounded is used for curved or circular shapes, bulging for swelling outward, and swollen for enlargement or distension, usually due to injury or inflammation. These antonyms can be used to describe shapes, in medical contexts, or in creative writing to create vivid descriptions.