What is the antonym of “flutter”?
The antonyms of flutter are calm and stillness. The antonyms calm and stillness convey a sense of tranquility, peace, and absence of movement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
The lake was so calm that the reflection of the mountains was crystal clear.
The absence of movement or sound.
The stillness of the night was only interrupted by the occasional hoot of an owl.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm is an adjective that describes a state of being peaceful and not showing strong emotions.
- 2Stillness is a noun that describes the absence of movement or sound.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use calm and stillness to create vivid descriptions of peaceful settings.
- 2Express Emotions: Use calm to describe a state of tranquility and stillness to describe a state of silence.
- 3Relaxation Techniques: Incorporate these antonyms in meditation or relaxation exercises to promote a sense of calm and stillness.
The antonyms of flutter are calm and stillness. Use calm to describe a state of tranquility and absence of strong emotions, and stillness to describe a state of silence and absence of movement. These words can be used to enhance writing, express emotions, and promote relaxation techniques.