What is the antonym of “forefront”?
The antonyms of forefront are rear and back. The antonyms rear and back convey a position that is behind or at the end of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The back part of something.
The car's rear was damaged in the accident.
The part of the body opposite to the front; the side or surface that is not seen or exposed.
He had a tattoo on his back.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rear refers specifically to the back part of something, while back can refer to any part of the body or object that is not seen or exposed.
- 2Back is a more general term that can refer to the opposite side or surface of an object, while rear is more commonly used to describe the back of a vehicle or animal.
Good things to know
- 1Spatial Relationships: Use rear and back to describe the position of objects or people in relation to each other.
- 2Directions: Use rear and back to give directions or instructions.
- 3Physical Descriptions: Use back to describe the appearance of someone's body or clothing.