What is the antonym of “forged”?
The antonyms of forged are destroy and ruin. The antonyms destroy and ruin convey a negative action that involves damaging or destroying something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To damage something beyond repair; to demolish or ruin.
The hurricane destroyed the entire town, leaving nothing but debris and destruction.
To cause severe damage or harm to something, often leading to its downfall or collapse.
His reckless behavior ruined his chances of getting the job, as he showed a lack of responsibility and maturity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Destroy implies a complete and irreversible damage, while ruin suggests a severe and lasting harm.
- 2Forged is a positive term that describes creating or making something, while destroy and ruin are negative terms that describe damaging or ruining something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different meanings.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and emphasize the impact of actions.
- 3Enrich Discussions: Utilize these antonyms in discussions to express opposing views and opinions.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Destroy implies complete and irreversible damage, while ruin suggests severe and lasting harm. Forged is a positive term that describes creating or making something, while destroy and ruin are negative terms that describe damaging or ruining something. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your discussions.