What is the antonym of “forgetful”?
The antonyms of forgetful are mindful, attentive, and remembering. These antonyms convey a state of being aware, alert, and able to recall information.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Being aware of something; paying attention to the present moment.
She was mindful of her surroundings and noticed the beautiful scenery around her.
Paying close attention to something or someone; being alert and observant.
The teacher was attentive to her students' needs and provided extra help when necessary.
Recalling information from memory; being able to bring back to mind something that was previously learned or experienced.
He had a good memory and was remembering all the details of the story.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mindful refers to being aware of something in the present moment.
- 2Attentive refers to paying close attention to something or someone.
- 3Remembering refers to the ability to recall information from memory.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Focus: Use mindful and attentive to describe a state of being alert and focused.
- 2Enhance Memory: Use remembering to describe the ability to recall information from memory.
- 3Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express appreciation for someone who is attentive, mindful, or good at remembering things.
The antonyms of forgetful are mindful, attentive, and remembering. Use these words to describe a state of being aware, alert, and able to recall information. They can be used to improve focus, enhance memory, and express gratitude.