What is the antonym of “foxiness”?
The antonyms of foxiness are naivety and ingenuousness. The antonyms naivety and ingenuousness convey a lack of cunning or deceitfulness. They imply innocence, simplicity, and honesty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment; innocence.
Her naivety made her an easy target for scammers.
Honesty, openness, and simplicity; lack of deceitfulness or artifice.
His ingenuousness was refreshing in a world full of lies and manipulation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Naivety implies a lack of experience or wisdom, while foxiness implies cunning and deceitfulness.
- 2Ingenuousness implies honesty and simplicity, while foxiness implies artifice and manipulation.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Describe Personalities: Use these antonyms to describe people's personalities and character traits.
- 3Analyze Literature: Use these antonyms to analyze characters and themes in literature.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Naivety implies a lack of experience or wisdom, while ingenuousness implies honesty and simplicity. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, describe personalities, and analyze literature by exploring characters and themes.