What is the antonym of “fragment”?
The antonyms of fragment are whole and entirety. The antonyms whole and entirety convey a complete or undivided state. It implies that something is not broken, incomplete, or missing any parts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Whole describes something that is complete and not divided or broken.
- 2Entirety refers to the whole or total amount of something.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use whole and entirety to describe complete objects or concepts.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express completeness or entirety.
- 3Reading: Recognize these antonyms in texts to understand the meaning of words and sentences better.