What is the antonym of “fraternization”?
The antonyms of fraternization are hostility and animosity. The antonyms hostility and animosity convey a negative or unfriendly attitude towards someone or something. It implies a lack of warmth, kindness, or friendliness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unfriendly or aggressive behavior or feelings.
The two countries have a long history of hostility towards each other.
Strong hostility or hatred towards someone or something.
She felt a deep sense of animosity towards her ex-boyfriend after he cheated on her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hostility is a general term that describes an unfriendly or aggressive attitude towards someone or something.
- 2Animosity is a more specific term that describes a strong feeling of hostility or hatred towards someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use hostility and animosity to express negative emotions effectively.
- 2Avoid Conflict: Recognize the signs of hostility and animosity to prevent conflicts from escalating.
- 3Promote Harmony: Encourage positive interactions and discourage negative ones to promote a culture of respect and understanding.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Hostility conveys general unfriendliness, while animosity denotes a strong feeling of hostility or hatred. Use these words to enhance vocabulary, avoid conflicts, and promote harmony by encouraging positive interactions and discouraging negative ones.