What is the antonym of “friction”?
The antonyms of friction are smoothness and harmony. The antonyms smoothness and harmony convey a state of agreement, cooperation, and lack of conflict.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being free from roughness, bumps, or irregularities.
The car's engine purred with smoothness as it glided down the highway.
The state of being in agreement or concord; a pleasing combination of different elements.
The choir's voices blended together in perfect harmony, creating a beautiful melody.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Smoothness refers to the absence of roughness, bumps, or irregularities.
- 2Harmony refers to the state of being in agreement or concord.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use smoothness and harmony to describe situations where there is no conflict or disagreement.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Smoothness refers to the absence of roughness, bumps, or irregularities, while harmony refers to the state of being in agreement or concord. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging stories.