What is the antonym of “fronts”?
The antonyms of fronts are back and rear. The antonyms back and rear refer to the opposite side or direction of fronts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The rear surface of the human body from the shoulders to the hips.
He hurt his back while lifting heavy boxes.
The back door of the house was left open.
The hindmost part of an animal, especially when prolonged beyond the rest of the body.
The rear of the car was damaged in the accident.
The horse kicked its rear legs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Back refers to the rear surface of the human body or the end or rear of something.
- 2Rear refers to the hindmost part of an animal or located at or near the back of something.
Good things to know
- 1Directional: Use fronts and backs to indicate the opposite sides of an object or person.
- 2Spatial: Use rear to describe the back part of a vehicle or animal.
- 3Positional: Use back to describe the end or rear of an object or person.