What is the antonym of “frugalness”?
The antonyms of frugalness are extravagance and lavishness. The antonyms extravagance and lavishness convey a state of spending money in a way that is excessive or wasteful. It implies a lack of restraint or moderation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Excessive or unnecessary expenditure of money.
She was criticized for her extravagance in buying designer clothes and luxury cars.
The quality of being extravagant or luxurious.
The lavishness of the wedding ceremony was evident in the grand decorations, expensive food, and high-end entertainment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Extravagance refers to excessive or unnecessary expenditure of money.
- 2Lavishness refers to the quality of being extravagant or luxurious.
Good things to know
- 1Money Management: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to spending money.
- 2Lifestyle Choices: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about lifestyle choices and values.
- 3Business and Marketing: Utilize these antonyms in business and marketing contexts to describe different types of products and services.