What is the antonym of “fruitfulness”?
The antonyms of fruitfulness are barrenness and unproductiveness. These words describe the opposite of being productive or fruitful.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being unproductive, infertile, or unable to produce crops or offspring.
The desert's barrenness made it impossible for plants to grow.
The state of being unproductive, not yielding results or benefits.
The company's unproductiveness led to its eventual bankruptcy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Barrenness is often used to describe land or soil that is unable to produce crops or vegetation.
- 2Unproductiveness is a more general term that describes a lack of productivity or results in any area.
Good things to know
- 1Agriculture: Use barrenness to describe land that is unable to produce crops.
- 2Business: Use unproductiveness to describe a lack of productivity or results in a company or organization.
- 3Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe the opposite of being productive or successful in achieving goals.