The Opposite(Antonym) of “fuming”
The antonyms of fuming are calm, composed, and collected. The antonyms calm, composed, and collected convey a state of tranquility, composure, and self-control. It implies a lack of anger, frustration, or agitation.
Definitions and Examples of calm, composed, collected
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath and tried to remain calm despite the chaos around her.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
He remained composed during the interview, even when asked difficult questions.
Calm and self-controlled.
She remained collected in the face of criticism and did not let it affect her.
Key Differences: calm vs composed vs collected
- 1Calm refers to a state of peacefulness and lack of strong emotions.
- 2Composed describes someone who has their feelings and expressions under control.
- 3Collected refers to someone who is calm and self-controlled.
Effective Usage of calm, composed, collected
- 1Expressing Emotions: Use calm, composed, and collected to describe a state of tranquility and composure.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate a desire for peaceful resolution.
- 3Meditation and Mindfulness: Use these words to describe a state of inner peace and self-control.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a state of peacefulness, composed describes someone who has their feelings and expressions under control, and collected refers to someone who is calm and self-controlled. Use these words to express emotions, resolve conflicts peacefully, and describe a state of inner peace and self-control.