What is the antonym of “gloater”?
The antonyms of gloater are modest person and humble person. The antonyms modest person and humble person convey a positive and humble attitude towards oneself and others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
She is a modest person who never brags about her accomplishments.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Modest person is someone who does not boast or show off their achievements or abilities, while humble person is someone who has a modest and unpretentious attitude towards oneself and others.
- 2A modest person may acknowledge their achievements but does not flaunt them, while a humble person may not even acknowledge their achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use modest person and humble person to describe people who have a positive and humble attitude towards themselves and others.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect for people who do not boast or show off their achievements.
- 3Encourage Humility: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to encourage humility and modesty in characters.