What is the antonym of “gobble”?
The antonyms of gobble are savor and relish. The antonyms savor and relish convey a positive and enjoyable experience of eating. It implies taking time to enjoy the flavors and textures of food.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To enjoy the taste or smell of something; to relish or appreciate something.
He likes to savor his coffee in the morning, taking small sips and enjoying the aroma.
To take pleasure in eating something; to enjoy the flavor of food.
She relished every bite of the delicious meal, savoring the flavors and textures.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Savor implies enjoying the taste or smell of something, often by taking time to appreciate it.
- 2Relish implies taking pleasure in eating something, often by enjoying the flavor of food.
Good things to know
- 1Food Descriptions: Use savor and relish to describe the taste and enjoyment of food.
- 2Cooking Shows: Incorporate these antonyms in cooking shows to encourage viewers to enjoy their meals.
- 3Restaurant Reviews: Utilize these antonyms in restaurant reviews to describe the quality of food and dining experience.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Savor implies taking time to enjoy the taste or smell of something, while relish implies taking pleasure in eating something. Use these words to describe food, encourage enjoyment in cooking shows, and review restaurants.