What is the antonym of “gravely”?
The antonyms of gravely are lightly and humorously. The antonym lightly conveys a lack of seriousness or weight, while humorously implies a lighthearted or amusing tone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Without seriousness or depth; with a lack of weight or pressure.
She took the criticism lightly and didn't let it affect her confidence.
In a way that is amusing, comical, or lighthearted.
He told the story humorously and had everyone laughing.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lightly suggests a lack of seriousness or depth, while gravely implies a serious or weighty tone.
- 2Humorously implies a lighthearted or amusing tone, while gravely suggests a somber or serious tone.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use lightly to convey a lack of seriousness or depth, and humorously to add humor or lightheartedness to conversations.
- 2Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create tone and mood.
- 3Improve Public Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in speeches to convey different emotions and tones.
The antonyms of gravely are lightly and humorously. Use lightly to convey a lack of seriousness or depth, and humorously to add humor or lightheartedness to conversations. These antonyms can be used to enrich writing and improve public speaking by conveying different emotions and tones.