What is the antonym of “greedier”?
The antonyms of greedier are generous and selfless. The antonyms generous and selfless convey a positive and unselfish attitude towards others. It implies a willingness to give and share without expecting anything in return.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to give or share with others; showing kindness or magnanimity.
She is always generous with her time and resources, helping those in need.
Concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish.
His selfless act of donating his kidney to a stranger saved their life.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Generous describes a person who is willing to give or share with others, often in a material or financial sense.
- 2Selfless describes a person who is more concerned with the needs and wishes of others than with their own, often in an emotional or personal sense.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use generous and selfless to show appreciation for someone's kind and unselfish actions.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage generosity and selflessness in others.
- 3Promote Teamwork: Utilize these antonyms in group settings to foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Generous conveys a willingness to give or share with others, while selfless describes a person who is more concerned with the needs and wishes of others than with their own. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage positive behavior, and promote teamwork by fostering a collaborative and supportive environment.