What is the antonym of “gregarian”?
The antonyms of gregarian are unsociable and solitary. The antonyms unsociable and solitary describe a person who prefers to be alone or avoids social interaction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not inclined to seek or enjoy the company of others; not sociable.
He was always unsociable and preferred to spend his time reading books rather than socializing with friends.
Preferring to be alone or isolated from others; enjoying being alone.
She enjoyed the solitary life of a writer, spending hours alone in her study crafting her stories.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unsociable describes a person who is not inclined to seek or enjoy the company of others.
- 2Solitary describes a person who prefers to be alone or isolated from others.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Personalities: Use unsociable and solitary to describe people who prefer to be alone.
- 2Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe people's behavior in social situations.
- 3Writing: Use these antonyms to create characters with distinct personalities in your writing.
The antonyms unsociable and solitary describe people who prefer to be alone or avoid social interaction. Use these words to describe personalities, social situations, and create distinct characters in your writing.