What is the antonym of “grimed”?
The antonyms of grimed are clean and purify. The antonyms clean and purify convey a positive and hygienic state. It implies the absence of dirt, stains, or impurities.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from dirt, stains, or impurities; hygienic.
She always keeps her house clean and tidy.
To remove impurities or contaminants from something; to make it pure.
The water was purified before being used for drinking.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clean refers to the absence of dirt, stains, or impurities.
- 2Purify refers to the process of removing impurities or contaminants from something.
Good things to know
- 1Household Chores: Use clean to describe a hygienic and organized living space.
- 2Water Treatment: Use purify to describe the process of removing impurities from water.
- 3Personal Hygiene: Use clean to describe a hygienic and well-groomed appearance.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clean conveys a hygienic state, while purify refers to the process of removing impurities. Use these words to describe household chores, water treatment, and personal hygiene.