What is the antonym of “grubbiest”?
The antonyms of grubbiest are clean, neat, and tidy. These words convey the opposite meaning of grubbiest, which means dirty, messy, or untidy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from dirt, marks, or stains.
She always keeps her house clean and tidy.
Arranged in an orderly and tidy way.
He has a neat and organized desk with everything in its place.
Arranged in a neat and orderly way; free from clutter.
She spent the whole afternoon cleaning and organizing her room until it was tidy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clean refers to being free from dirt, marks, or stains.
- 2Neat implies being arranged in an orderly and tidy way.
- 3Tidy suggests being free from clutter and well-organized.
Good things to know
- 1Housekeeping: Use these antonyms to describe the state of cleanliness and organization of a space.
- 2Personal Hygiene: Use clean to describe the state of being free from dirt or germs.
- 3Appearance: Use neat and tidy to describe someone's appearance or clothing.