What is the antonym of “guardless”?
The antonyms of guardless are guarded, protected, and secure. These words convey the opposite meaning of guardless, which means without protection or defense.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Protected, defended, or cautious in behavior or speech.
The celebrity was surrounded by a team of guarded bodyguards to prevent any potential threats.
Kept safe from harm or danger; defended or shielded.
The endangered species were kept in a protected habitat to prevent their extinction.
Free from danger, risk, or threat; protected or safe.
The bank vault was heavily fortified and secure to prevent any unauthorized access.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Guarded implies a sense of caution or defensiveness in behavior or speech.
- 2Protected refers to being kept safe from harm or danger.
- 3Secure conveys a sense of safety and freedom from danger or risk.
Good things to know
- 1Security Measures: Use guarded, protected, and secure to describe security measures taken to protect people, places, or things.
- 2Risk Assessment: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about risk assessment and management.
- 3Safety Precautions: Utilize these words to describe safety precautions taken to prevent accidents or injuries.
The antonyms of guardless are guarded, protected, and secure. Use these words to describe security measures, risk assessment, and safety precautions taken to protect people, places, or things. Each antonym has a distinct nuance: guarded implies caution, protected refers to being kept safe, and secure conveys a sense of safety and freedom from danger.