What is the antonym of “haughtier”?
The antonyms of haughtier are humble, modest, and unassuming. These words convey a lack of arrogance or superiority and imply a modest or unpretentious attitude.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a modest or low estimate of one's importance; not arrogant or boastful.
Despite his success, he remained humble and never forgot his roots.
Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, or achievements.
She was a modest person who never sought attention or praise.
Not pretentious or arrogant; modest and unpretentious.
Despite his wealth, he lived an unassuming lifestyle and never flaunted his possessions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humble implies a modest or low estimate of one's importance.
- 2Modest suggests a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, or achievements.
- 3Unassuming describes someone who is not pretentious or arrogant and is modest and unpretentious.
Good things to know
- 1Express Modesty: Use these antonyms to describe yourself or others in a modest or humble way.
- 2Avoid Arrogance: Incorporate these words in conversations to avoid sounding arrogant or superior.
- 3Show Respect: Use these antonyms to show respect for others and their accomplishments.