What is the antonym of “hausse”?
The antonyms of hausse in English are decrease, fall, and decline. These words describe a decrease or reduction in something, such as a quantity, value, or rate.
See all the antonyms of “hausse”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become smaller in size, amount, or intensity.
The company decided to decrease its production due to low demand.
To drop or descend from a higher to a lower position.
The temperature is expected to fall below freezing tonight.
To gradually become less or weaker.
The popularity of the band started to decline after their last album.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Decrease implies a reduction in size, amount, or intensity.
- 2Fall suggests a sudden drop or descent from a higher position.
- 3Decline indicates a gradual weakening or lessening over time.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe changes in sales, profits, or market trends.
- 2Economics: Incorporate these words to discuss changes in economic indicators such as GDP, inflation, or unemployment rates.
- 3Politics: Utilize these antonyms to describe changes in public opinion, voting patterns, or policy support.
The antonyms of hausse have distinct meanings. Decrease implies a reduction in size, amount, or intensity, fall suggests a sudden drop or descent, and decline indicates a gradual weakening over time. Use these words in business, economics, and politics to describe changes in sales, profits, market trends, economic indicators, public opinion, voting patterns, or policy support.