What is the antonym of “heteroclite”?
The antonyms of heteroclite are conforming, normal, and regular. These antonyms describe things that are typical, standard, or conforming to a norm.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Following established rules, standards, or norms.
She always tries to be conforming in her behavior, following the social norms and expectations.
Conforming to a standard or usual pattern; typical or expected.
After a few days of rest, his body temperature returned to normal.
Occurring or happening at fixed intervals; conforming to a pattern or rule.
He goes to the gym on a regular basis, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conforming refers to following established rules, standards, or norms.
- 2Normal describes something that is typical or expected.
- 3Regular refers to something that occurs at fixed intervals or conforms to a pattern or rule.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe patterns, behaviors, or phenomena in academic writing.
- 2Daily Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe people, things, or situations that are typical or atypical.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to create characters or settings that are either conforming or heteroclite.
The antonyms of heteroclite are conforming, normal, and regular. These antonyms describe things that are typical, standard, or conforming to a norm. Use these words in academic writing, daily conversation, or creative writing to describe patterns, behaviors, or phenomena.