What is the antonym of “hoary”?
The antonyms of hoary are fresh, new, and modern. These antonyms convey a sense of novelty, innovation, and modernity that is opposite to the old-fashioned and outdated connotations of hoary.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Newly made or obtained; not stale, spoiled, or decayed.
The bakery sells fresh bread every morning.
Recently made or produced; not existing before.
She bought a new dress for the party.
Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
The museum has a collection of modern art.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fresh refers to something that is newly made or obtained and has not gone stale or spoiled.
- 2New refers to something that has been recently made or produced and did not exist before.
- 3Modern refers to something that is related to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Describe Objects: Use hoary to describe old-fashioned or outdated objects and fresh, new, and modern to describe new or innovative ones.
- 3Discuss Trends: Use these antonyms to discuss trends in fashion, technology, or culture.
The antonyms of hoary are fresh, new, and modern. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, describe objects, and discuss trends in fashion, technology, or culture.