What is the antonym of “honoring”?
The antonyms of honoring are disrespecting, dishonoring, and ignoring. These words convey a lack of respect, regard, or recognition for someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of respect or consideration for someone or something.
By interrupting her repeatedly, he was disrespecting her and not valuing her opinion.
Behaving in a way that brings shame or disgrace to someone or something.
By cheating on his partner, he was dishonoring their relationship and breaking their trust.
Paying no attention to someone or something; disregarding or neglecting them.
By not responding to her messages, he was ignoring her and not acknowledging her presence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disrespecting implies a lack of respect or consideration for someone or something.
- 2Dishonoring implies bringing shame or disgrace to someone or something.
- 3Ignoring implies paying no attention or disregarding someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe how people treat each other in social situations.
- 2Moral Dilemmas: Use these antonyms to explore ethical issues and moral dilemmas.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe how people treat each other in relationships.
The antonyms of honoring have distinct nuances: Disrespecting implies a lack of respect, dishonoring implies bringing shame, and ignoring implies paying no attention. Use these words to describe social situations, explore ethical issues, and describe relationships.