What is the antonym of “horrible”?
The antonyms of horrible are pleasant, delightful, and wonderful. The antonyms pleasant, delightful, and wonderful convey a positive or enjoyable emotional state. It implies a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Giving a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment.
The weather was pleasant and sunny, perfect for a picnic.
Causing delight; charming.
The restaurant had a delightful ambiance, with soft music and candlelight.
Extremely good; marvelous.
The vacation was wonderful, with breathtaking views and exciting activities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Pleasant describes something that is enjoyable and satisfying.
- 2Delightful describes something that is charming and delightful.
- 3Wonderful describes something that is extremely good and marvelous.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use pleasant, delightful, and wonderful to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Describe Experiences: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to describe positive experiences.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Pleasant describes something enjoyable, delightful describes something charming, and wonderful describes something extremely good. Use these words to express gratitude, describe positive experiences, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.