What is the antonym of “horror”?
The antonyms of horror are delight and pleasure. The antonyms delight and pleasure convey a positive emotional state. It implies a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or enjoyment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A feeling of great pleasure and joy.
The children were filled with delight when they saw the colorful balloons.
A feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or enjoyment.
She took pleasure in reading books and spending time with her family.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Delight is a more intense term that describes a feeling of great pleasure and joy.
- 2Pleasure is a general term that describes a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or enjoyment.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use delight and pleasure to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Describe Enjoyment: Use these antonyms to describe enjoyable experiences, activities, or events.
- 3Create Positive Vibes: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to create a positive and cheerful atmosphere.