What is the antonym of “hulky”?
The antonyms of hulky are slender, graceful, and nimble. The antonyms slender, graceful, and nimble convey a sense of lightness, agility, and elegance. It implies a lack of heaviness, clumsiness, or awkwardness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Thin in an attractive way; gracefully slim.
She had a slender figure that made her look taller than she was.
Having or showing grace or elegance; moving with ease and beauty.
The ballerina's movements were so graceful that the audience was mesmerized.
Quick and light in movement or action; agile.
The cat was so nimble that it could jump from one tree branch to another without any effort.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Slender describes a thin and attractive body shape, while hulky describes a large and heavy body shape.
- 2Graceful describes a smooth and elegant movement, while hulky describes a clumsy and awkward movement.
- 3Nimble describes a quick and agile movement, while hulky describes a slow and heavy movement.
Good things to know
- 1Body Shape: Use slender to describe a thin and attractive body shape.
- 2Movement: Use graceful to describe smooth and elegant movement.
- 3Sports: Use nimble to describe quick and agile movements in sports like gymnastics, dance, or martial arts.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Slender conveys a thin and attractive body shape, graceful denotes smooth and elegant movement, and nimble refers to quick and agile movements. Use these words to describe body shape, movement, and sports activities.