The Opposite(Antonym) of “hunker”
The antonyms of hunker are stand up, rise, and straighten up. The antonyms convey the opposite action of bending down or crouching.
Explore all Antonyms of “hunker”
- stand up
- straighten up
Definitions and Examples of stand up, rise, straighten up
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To rise to an upright position on one's feet.
She asked him to stand up and greet the guests.
To move upward from a lower to a higher position; to ascend.
The sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning.
To make something straight or upright; to stand up straight.
He told his son to straighten up and stop slouching.
Key Differences: stand up vs rise vs straighten up
- 1Stand up implies moving from a sitting or lying position to an upright position.
- 2Rise implies moving upward from a lower to a higher position.
- 3Straighten up implies making something straight or upright, or standing up straight.
Effective Usage of stand up, rise, straighten up
- 1Physical Actions: Use these antonyms to describe physical actions that involve standing up or rising.
- 2Commands: Use these antonyms to give commands or instructions to someone to stand up or straighten up.
- 3Metaphorical Usage: Use these antonyms metaphorically to describe a change in attitude or behavior.
The antonyms of hunker are stand up, rise, and straighten up. These antonyms convey the opposite action of bending down or crouching. Use them to describe physical actions, give commands, or metaphorically describe a change in attitude or behavior.