What is the antonym of “immobilised”?
The antonyms of immobilised are mobilize, activate, and enable. These words convey the opposite meaning of being unable to move or act.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To prepare something or someone for action or movement.
The army was called in to mobilize troops and supplies for the disaster relief effort.
To make something operational or functional.
She had to activate her phone's GPS to get directions to the new restaurant.
To give someone or something the ability or means to do something.
The new software will enable us to work more efficiently and complete tasks faster.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mobilize implies preparing for action or movement, while activate refers to making something operational or functional.
- 2Enable is a more general term that describes giving someone or something the ability or means to do something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
- 3Enrich Learning: Teach these antonyms to others to help them improve their English skills.