What is the antonym of “impartially”?
The antonyms of impartially are partially, biased, and unfairly. These antonyms convey a lack of impartiality or fairness in decision-making, judgment, or treatment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Favoring one side or party more than another; not impartial.
The judge was accused of being partially to the defendant's side.
Having a preference or inclination for one thing over another; not neutral or objective.
The journalist's article was criticized for being biased towards a particular political party.
Treating someone in a way that is not just or equitable; showing favoritism or discrimination.
The manager was accused of unfairly promoting his favorite employee.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Partially implies a tendency to favor one side over another, while biased suggests a preconceived notion or prejudice.
- 2Unfairly denotes an unjust or inequitable treatment, while impartially conveys a neutral and unbiased approach.
Good things to know
- 1Debate: Use these antonyms to discuss the fairness of decisions or judgments.
- 2News: Incorporate these antonyms in news articles to highlight bias or unfairness.
- 3Education: Teach these antonyms to students to help them understand the importance of impartiality and fairness.