What is the antonym of “impoverished”?
The antonyms of impoverished are wealthy, prosperous, and affluent. These words describe a state of having abundant wealth, resources, or material possessions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a great deal of money, resources, or assets.
The wealthy businessman owned several luxury cars and a private jet.
Flourishing financially; successful in material terms.
The prosperous city had a booming economy and low unemployment rates.
Having a plentiful supply of material goods; wealthy.
The affluent neighborhood was filled with mansions and expensive cars.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Wealthy describes someone who has a lot of money or resources.
- 2Prosperous describes a place or situation that is successful in material terms.
- 3Affluent describes someone who has a plentiful supply of material goods.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe the financial status of individuals, companies, or countries.
- 2Politics: Incorporate these words in political speeches to discuss economic policies and wealth distribution.
- 3Social Issues: Utilize these antonyms to highlight income inequality and poverty-related issues.
The antonyms of impoverished are wealthy, prosperous, and affluent. These words describe a state of having abundant wealth, resources, or material possessions. Use these words in business, politics, and social issues to describe financial status, discuss economic policies, and highlight income inequality.