Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing financial success and wealth; flourishing.
The company's profits have been steadily increasing, making it a prosperous business.
Achieving a desired outcome or goal; having achieved fame, wealth, or social status.
After years of hard work, he finally became a successful entrepreneur.
Growing or developing vigorously; prospering; flourishing.
The small town's economy has been thriving since the opening of the new factory.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Prosperous refers specifically to financial success and wealth.
- 2Successful implies achieving a desired outcome or goal, which can include fame, wealth, or social status.
- 3Thriving describes a state of growth and development, often in a business or community context.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use prosperous and thriving to describe successful businesses or economies.
- 2Personal Development: Use successful to describe personal achievements and goals.
- 3Positive Outlook: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to promote a positive outlook and encourage success.
The antonyms of improsperous convey a positive and flourishing state of being. Use prosperous to describe financial success, successful to describe personal achievements, and thriving to describe growth and development in a business or community context. Incorporate these words to promote a positive outlook and encourage success.