What is the antonym of “inaccurately”?
The antonyms of inaccurately are accurately and precisely. These words convey the opposite meaning of inaccurately, which means not correct or exact.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a way that is correct, exact, and without errors.
She accurately predicted the outcome of the election.
In a way that is exact, accurate, and without any vagueness or ambiguity.
He arrived at precisely 8 o'clock in the morning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accurately implies correctness and exactness, while precisely implies exactness without any vagueness or ambiguity.
- 2Accurately can be used to describe a wide range of situations, while precisely is more specific and often used to describe measurements or timing.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use accurately and precisely to describe research findings, data, and measurements.
- 2Business Communication: Use accurately and precisely to convey information and instructions clearly and without ambiguity.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use accurately and precisely to describe events, time, and location.
The antonyms accurately and precisely convey the opposite meaning of inaccurately. Accurately implies correctness and exactness, while precisely implies exactness without any vagueness or ambiguity. These words can be used in academic writing, business communication, and everyday conversation to describe events, data, and measurements with clarity and accuracy.