What is the antonym of “inassuageable”?
The antonym of inassuageable is assuageable, appeasable, and relievable. The antonyms assuageable, appeasable, and relievable convey the idea that something can be eased, calmed, or made better.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being relieved or lessened; able to be soothed or pacified.
Her headache was assuageable with a cup of tea and some rest.
Capable of being pacified or satisfied; able to be calmed down or made less angry.
The angry customer was appeasable once we offered a refund for their purchase.
Capable of being alleviated or reduced; able to be made less severe or intense.
The pain in her knee was relievable with some ice and stretching exercises.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Assuageable refers to something that can be relieved or lessened.
- 2Appeasable refers to someone who can be pacified or satisfied.
- 3Relievable refers to something that can be alleviated or reduced.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to teach others new words and concepts.