What is the antonym of “incautious”?
The antonyms of incautious are cautious and prudent. The antonyms cautious and prudent convey a sense of carefulness, thoughtfulness, and consideration. They imply a state of being aware of potential risks and taking steps to avoid them.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing care and thoughtfulness in avoiding potential risks or dangers.
He was cautious when crossing the busy street, looking both ways before stepping off the curb.
Exercising good judgment and foresight in making decisions; showing wisdom and carefulness.
She made a prudent decision to save some money for emergencies instead of spending it all on a vacation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cautious implies being careful and thoughtful in avoiding potential risks or dangers.
- 2Prudent implies exercising good judgment and foresight in making decisions.
Good things to know
- 1Safety Precautions: Use cautious to describe actions taken to avoid potential risks or dangers.
- 2Financial Planning: Use prudent to describe wise and careful financial decisions.
- 3Professional Settings: Use cautious and prudent to describe behaviors that show thoughtfulness and consideration in the workplace.
The antonyms cautious and prudent convey a sense of carefulness, thoughtfulness, and consideration. Use these words to describe safety precautions, wise financial decisions, and professional behaviors that show thoughtfulness and consideration.