What is the antonym of “incise”?
The antonyms of incise are fill and smooth. The antonym fill means to put something into a space or container so that it is completely or almost completely full. The antonym smooth means to make a surface flat, even, or regular by removing roughness or irregularities.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To put something into a space or container so that it is completely or almost completely full.
Please fill the glass with water.
Having an even and regular surface; free from roughness or irregularities.
The surface of the table was smooth and shiny.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fill is the opposite of empty, while incise is the opposite of excise.
- 2Smooth is the opposite of rough, while incise is the opposite of expand.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use fill and smooth to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey meaning effectively.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to teach others and learn new concepts.
The antonyms of incise are fill and smooth. Use fill to describe putting something into a space or container, and smooth to describe a surface that is even and regular. Remember that fill is the opposite of empty, while smooth is the opposite of rough. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning.