What is the antonym of “incompliance”?
The antonyms of incompliance are compliance, obedience, and conformity. These words describe the act of following rules, laws, or orders.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of conforming to a rule, request, or demand.
The company's compliance with safety regulations ensured that no accidents occurred.
The act of following instructions or orders from someone in authority.
The dog's obedience to its owner's commands was impressive.
The act of following established norms, standards, or expectations.
The school's dress code required conformity among students.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compliance refers to following a rule or request, often imposed by an external authority.
- 2Obedience refers to following instructions or orders from someone in authority.
- 3Conformity refers to following established norms, standards, or expectations.
Good things to know
- 1Legal Context: Use these antonyms to describe legal actions and decisions.
- 2Workplace: Use these words to describe employee behavior and performance.
- 3Education: Use these words to describe student behavior and academic performance.
The antonyms compliance, obedience, and conformity describe the act of following rules, laws, or orders. Use these words in legal contexts, workplace settings, and education to describe behavior and performance.