Definitions and Examples of harmonious, congruous, suitable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a pleasing combination of elements; in agreement or accord.
The colors of the sunset were so harmonious that it took our breath away.
Suitable or appropriate; in harmony with the surroundings.
The design of the building was congruous with the surrounding architecture.
Fitting or appropriate for a particular purpose or situation.
The dress she wore was suitable for the formal event.
Key Differences: harmonious vs congruous vs suitable
- 1Harmonious refers to a pleasing combination of elements, while congruous implies suitability or appropriateness.
- 2Suitable is a more general term that describes something that fits a particular purpose or situation.
Effective Usage of harmonious, congruous, suitable
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and precision to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
- 3Express Opinions: Use these words to express your opinions on whether things fit together well or not.
The antonyms of inconcinnate are harmonious, congruous, and suitable. Use these words to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and express your opinions on whether things fit together well or not.